Emile Henry Flame Top Bakeware
One awesome ceramic baker. Four beautiful colors.
In his book My Bread, Jim Lahey, the godfather of no knead baking, writes – “I confess, though, that my favorite pot is probably the most expensive option, the all ceramic Emile Henry. The high quality ceramic, like iron, transmits heat evenly and well, but it’s lighter than cast iron.”
Breadtopia reader, Vajra, posted this – “I don’t remember if I touted this before, but the Emile Henry Flame Top Dutch Oven is da bomb. Entirely made of clay, it goes into a 500℉ without a care, and it is much lighter than any cast iron pot.”
My wife, Denyce, on the Emile Henry Flame pot, says “This is my new favorite cooking thing.”
A Breakthrough in Ceramics Technology
It took Emile Henry 5 years of research to develop the first, and so far only, all ceramic bakeware designed to easily handle extreme temperature fluctuations.
You can take an Emile Henry Flame stew pot from the freezer to a 500℉ oven, as Vajra put it, without a care. And from the hot oven to the table, where it will retain the cooking heat for a very long time.
Amazingly, it can also be use over a direct gas flame or electric hob. Want to use it in your gas or charcoal grill? Go for it. Microwave? No problem.
- 4.2 quart size (10″ diameter) – perfect for no knead baking
- Beautiful, natural-looking ceramic bakeware heats evenly and maintains temperature for long periods of time.
- Smooth glaze coating is extremely durable and rich in color. It resists sticking, and is easy to clean.
- Self-basting bumps on the inside of the snug fitting lid redistribute juices for better flavor.
- Works great on gas flame, electric and halogen cooktops (except induction).
- Suitable for the freezer, refrigerator, microwave and conventional ovens.
- Can be used under the broiler.
- Weight: 7.25 lbs, about 30% less than comparable size iron Dutch oven.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.