Organic Einkorn Flour – 2, 5 or 10 lb bags
Einkorn is the earliest form of cultivated wheat, dating back about 10,000 years and also allegedly found in the tombs of ancient Egypt. It is unique in flavor, nutritional benefits and genetic makeup. Where modern wheat has 42 chromosomes, Einkorn has only 14.
This Einkorn is grown in the U.S. We locally stone mill the whole berries (nothing is removed) into flour upon order so it’s maximally fresh when you receive it.
Some Additional Einkorn Attributes:
- Einkorn is about 50% higher in protein than modern wheat yet its gluten structure makes it tolerable by some people with wheat sensitivities.
- Einkorn has 3 – 4 times more riboflavin (vitamin B2 which stimulates the metabolism and assistis in the digestion and absorption of fats, carbohydrates and proteins) than modern wheat
- 3 – 4 times more beta-carotene (an antioxidant that plays an essential role in cell division, reproduction, bone growth, vision, skin health and strengthening the immune system).
- 3-4 times more lutein, an antioxidant and necessary component of normal vision.
- Significantly higher levels of vitamin A than other wheats.
- Einkorn is also a great source of minerals including zinc, manganese, potassium, phosphorus and iron.